Texas A&M University
833 Graham Roud
College Station, TX 77845
Assistant Research Scientist
Environmental fluid dynamics, turbulent flow, mixing and transport, oil/bubble dynamics, natural seeps, methane hydrate, air-sea interaction, interfacial gas transfer, wind wave.
- Wang, B. and Liao, Q., Field observations of turbulent dissipation rate profile immediately below the air-water interface, JGR: Oceans, 2016, 121, 43774391, doi:10.1002/2015JC011512.
- Wang, B.; Socolofsky, S. A.; Breier, J. A. and Seewald J. S. Observations of bubbles in natural seep flares at GC 600 and MC 118 using in situ quantitative imaging. JGR: Oceans, 2016, 121, doi:10.1002/2015JC011452.
- Wang, B. and Socolofsky, S. A. On the bubble rise velocity in a continually released bubble chain in still water and with cross flow, Physics of Fluids, 2015, 27, 103301.
- Wang, B. and Socolofsky, S. A. A deep-sea, high-speed, stereoscopic imaging system for in situ measurement of natural seep bubble and droplet characteristics, Deep-Sea Research Part I, 2015, 104, 134-148.
- Wang, B.; Fillingham, J. H.; Liao, Q. and Bootsma, H. A. On the coefficients of small eddy and surface divergence models for the air-water gas transfer velocity, JGR: Ocean, 2015, 120, doi:10.1002/2014JC010253.
- Liao, Q.; Wang, B. and Wang, P. In situ measurement of sediment resuspension caused by propeller wash with an underwater Particle Image Velocimetry and an Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter. Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 2015, 41, 1-9.
- Wang, B.; Liao, Q.; Xiao, J. and Bootsma, H. A. A free-floating PIV system: measurements of small-scale turbulence under the wind wave surface, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 2013, 30, 1494-1510.
- Wang, B.; Liao, Q.; Bootsma, H. A. and Wang, P. A Dual-Beam-Dual-Camera Method for a Battery-Powered UnderWater Miniature PIV (UWMPIV) System. Exp. Fluids, 2012, 52(6), 1401-1414.
- Wang, B., Beaumont, B. C., Socolofsky, A. S. and Lavery A. Observations of natural gas seep site MC118 in the Northern Gulf of Mexico during GISR cruise G08, 2015. 2016 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill & Ecosystem Science Conference, Feb 1-4, Tampa, FL, USA.
- Wang, B., Socolofsky, S., Seewald, J. S., Sylva, S. P. and Breier J. A. Bubble characteristics at two Gulf of Mexico natural gas seepage sites. 2015 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill & Ecosystem Science Conference, Feb 16-19, Houston, TX, USA
- Wang, B.; Dissanayake, A. L. and Socolofsky, S. A. Design of in situ measurements for validation of near field blowout models. 2014 Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill & Ecosystem Science Coference, January 26-29, 2014, Mobile, Alabama, USA
- Wang, B.; Liao, Q.; Bootsma, H. A. and Troy, C. D. Field study of mussel impact on turbulent structure in the internal boundary layer of a low energetic deep lake. 2013 AGU Fall Meeting, December 9-13, 2013, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Wang, B. (invited author); Liao, Q.; Fillingham, J.H. and Bootsma, H.A. Simultaneous measurements of air-sea gas transfer velocity and near surface turbulence at low to moderate winds. 2013 AGU Fall Meeting, December 9-13, 2013, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Wang, B.; Fillingham, J.H.; Liao, Q. and Bootsma, H.A. Evaluating gas transfer velocity with in situ free floating PIV/flating chamber measurements. 56th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, June 2-6, 2013, West Lafayette, IN, USA